An individual one day course (spread over two days) during which you will learn to make and bake four large loaves:
Pain de Campagne
5 Seed with Spelt
Black Olive Bread
Baguettes and Rolls/Cherry Tomato Focaccia
And help prepare our pizza lunch.
Take home all your breads, plus:
- sourdough starter
- pizza dough for the fridge
Day One: 4.00 p.m.- 6.00 p.m.
- Learn how to mix and knead. Produce the five main doughs for overnight fermentation in the fridge.
Day Two: 9.00 a.m.- 2.00 p.m.
- Weighing and shaping. Learn how to shape Boules (round loaves), Batards (long loaves), Baguettes, Rolls, Focaccia
- While the doughs are proving learn how to make and refresh a starter. Make the pizza dough
- Learn about home baking equipment
- Time to ask questions and look through my extensive library of bread books
- Bake the loaves as the doughs become ready
- Add the toppings to the focaccia
- Top and bake your pizzas
- Lunch! Two types of pizza + salad, optional glass of wine. Tea, coffee, mineral water available throughout the course
- Go home loaded with bread and amazed with your achievements!
Price: Just £130 making it the perfect Christmas or Birthday gift – or, of course, something you’ve always promised yourself! Phone Mick 01248 600387.
Course student Bella with her haul of loaves:
Her four main loaves:
And the focaccia, baguettes and a variety of other bread shapes:
Although we are constrained by kitchen-space we can cater for two baking students so long as they are a couple or friends comfortable with working together. And the second person receives a 20% reduction of the course fee.
Simon and Judi came over from Dublin to do the course.
Despite going home with twice the amount of bread they were so enthused by the course they started mixing virtually straight off the ferry for a family dinner the following day.
Pretty good for a first attempt!
This was their feedback: “Just a quick note to say thank you for a great couple of days – we had a wonderful time learning the art of sourdough baking and will be ever grateful for your tuition. Thanks too for welcoming us to your home, for a lovely lunch and your very pleasant company which put the cherry on top of the experience for us!”
3 thoughts on “Introduction to Sourdough Course”
A great course Mick, it’s changed my life.
I’ve learnt that I really can produce one of life’s great pleasures – real, unadulterated sourdough bread.
Thanks very much.
Do you have a course on the internet?
No. But select “Library” from the menu and look at the Sourdough pdf