All The Bs

Is this good bread or is this good bread:
I can say that because it’s not my bread. It’s Baker Biker Ben from the BBC. Makes you sick. Bleedin’ amateurs turning out bread of that quality.

Ben is one of the few bakers who have made it to all five of the annual baking events, arriving with his bike between his legs and a mixing bowl under his arm. He’s usually still mixing when everyone else has gone home.

Nice bread, Ben (snarl …)

Advertisements

About bethesdabakers

Baker
This entry was posted in Bakery and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to All The Bs

1. Jeremy says:

Doesn’t it make you sick….me too, envy runs through my veins when he sends me photo’s and quasi-method, technique with a kind of recipe interspersed with casual how you doing……Bloody Ben, if he wasn’t so damned friendly and talented I’d hate his guts! But he makes and gives good bread vibes!
    Jeremy

2. bethesdabakers says:

You’re so right, Jeremy. You’re minding your own business and you suddenly become aware of a quiet presence next to you and it’s Ben saying “What do you think of this?” and you think, ” I wish I’d made that.”
    Bet he’s a crap cyclist though …

3. bakingben says:

…but you forgot to mention I’m also a good amateur pianist…

Ben

4. bethesdabakers says:

WordPress said I’d have to pay for an upgrade if I wanted to post the WHOLE of Ben’s CV.

Mick

5. Matthew Bourne says:

Really beautiful loaves Ben. You are king of good slashes too.

Matt

6. rowmarcus says:

Really great-looking bread, and have to echo others’ sentiments on slashing and general ability! Do you have your own blog/website Ben?

7. bethesdabakers says:

Matt & Marcus

Lovely to hear from you but don’t encourage the boy. He’ll be posting his Christmas breads next and making us all feel inadequate.

Mick

8. bakingben says:

Actually it’s only Christmas pudding with the hidden orange inside a la Heston Blumenthal so far.
    Marcus: I don’t have a blog or website.